New to Sihl includes the Sihl 3166 ClearStick clear film.
Sihl premiered various new media at SGIA, including:
• Sihl 3166 ClearStick clear film with adhesive for aqueous inkjet printers; a 2-mil polyester film with an optically clear inkjet coating on the image side and an optically clear, repositionable adhesive with a thin opaque, white polyester release liner on the reverse side. Applications include P-O-S, event signage, and digital packaging prototypes. In 24- to 50-in. widths.
• Sihl 3182 Latex Backlit film compatible with HP Latex inkjet printers; a dimensionally stable 5-mil polyester film with a Latex ink-receptive matte top coat and a light-diffusing coat on the reverse side; can be used for short-term outdoor lightbox applications and does not require lamination. In 36-, 50-, and 60-in. widths.
• Two new white polyester films, 3198 Instant Dry Block-Out and 3199 Instant Dry White film for solvent, UV and Latex inkjet printers. Sihl 3198 is a 7-mil polyester film with a glossy instant-dry, ink-receptive layer designed to produce photo-quality, high-definition images; available in 36- and 50-in. widths. Sihl 3199 has the same unique ink receptive layer as 3198 but on a thinner, more economical 5-mil white polyester film base without the block-out layer on the reverse side; available in 54- and 60-in. widths.
• Sihl 3516 PolySol Pop-up 12- mil display film, compatible with solvent, UV, and Latex inkjet printers. A thick, dimensionally and color-stable polyester film with a textured satin print surface and a gray light-block layer on the reverse surface, for ultra-durable pop-up displays; 36-in. widths.
• Three new inkjet canvas products for use with aqueous inkjet printers, including Illumina Gloss Canvas 3185 (19-mil), Illustra Satin Canvas 3186 (19-mil), and Irradia Matte Canvas 3184 (15-mil). All three are available in widths from 13 to 50 in.
• Sihl 3176 QuickStick self-adhesive vinyl for aqueous inkjet printers; a 4-mil pressure-adhesive-backed media designed for a strong initial bond and zero residue after removal; in widths from 24 to 50 in.
• Sihl 3183, a 7-mil satin photo paper designed for printing on solvent, UV, and Latex inkjet printers. See November issue, pg. 31.