New features and improvements ensure a smooth workflow.
Wasatch Computer Technology has released SoftRIP version 6.5, which adds an array of new features. New to version 6.5 are:
* Cost Estimator: allows users to calculate all costs pertaining to a job before beginning the printing process. This feature makes it easy to perform an accurate calculation of ink usage, media costs, and extra processing charges. When calculations are complete, users can export results as Comma Delimited Text or directly to a print-friendly HTML Web page.
* Improved PSS Halftoning: includes improvements to Wasatch's Precision Stochastic Screens halftone method (PSS), an update that combines the advantages of Error Diffusion with the full speed and other quality advantages of PSS.
* Expanded suite of ICC Input Profiles: enabling users to achieve consistent, high quality color with profiles in RGB, CMYK, Web Coated SWOP, and Japan Color.
* Improved Profile View: displays intricate details about color gamuts, helping users visualize their available range of color in a 3D CIE Lab color space. This feature helps users set realistic customer expectations about what colors can be achieved, helping to reduce wasted ink and media.
* New Performance Mode for repeats: The Repeats feature of Wasatch SoftRIP TX has a new Performance Mode that can increase the rate of output by up to 10 times and can help when slower computers are used for textile printing, the company reports.