Contributors give advice for first-time specialty media producers.
Print shops everywhere are looking to expand their specialty application offerings, so we rounded up seven examples of unique floor graphics, fine art prints, magnetic media applications, and specialty windows. Then, we asked all of our contributors the same question: What would you say to someone who has never produced this specialty application before?
• “Follow the directions. The warranties and indemnification require correct production and application steps to be followed.” –Steve Zick, Innomark Communications
• “Introduce the clients to a few examples of how floor graphics can be used. The final recipients are not usually aware that such solutions are possible.” –Robert Szymczak, Cookie Printers
• “Research the production information so you know what you’re selling. … Research what type of customer would benefit from this product.” –Lawrence Truan, Primary Color
• “Do some research on media; ensure it’s non-slip rated for floor use. There’s no point skimping on the media to save a few dollars and causing a fall. It will just cost you in the long run.” –Kimberly Degenhardt, Kwik Kopy Hornsby
• “Try it! It’s a fantastic medium, it offers so many possibilities, and it can be really affordable.” –Helena Ichbiah, Ich&Kar
• “You absolutely, positively must have good color management.” –Tony Bonanno, Tony Bonanno Photography
Explore the rest of Big Picture's October issue.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.