First-ever board features top executives from 12 of the industry's largest graphics producers.
* Michael Garcia, president, OAI Inc., Tampa, FL (www.oaicorp.com). Garcia is the founder of OAI, which has been recognized as the biggest large-format imaging company in the southeast US and named the Tampa Bay Business Journal's Manufacturing Business of the Year in 2005. OAI offers full-service design and printing services for the outdoor, transit, fleet and vehicle, retail, tradeshow, environmental, and stadium graphics markets.
* Kirk Green, president/CEO, Ferrari Color, Salt Lake City, UT (www.ferraricolor.com). Green oversees all day-to-day operations of this 130-employee company, formed with the 2001 merger of Ferrari Color and Creative Color. Today, Ferrari specializes in full-color murals, vehicle and window graphics, banners, tradeshow and convention displays, event graphics, and retail display signage from three locations.
* Robert Kissel, president, KDM P.O.P. Solutions Group, Cincinnati, OH (www.kdmpop.com). Founded in 1970, KDM is a second-generation, family-owned company that specializes in point-of-purchase graphics produced by digital, screen, and litho printing. Clients include major advertising agencies, retailers, petroleum companies, and fast-food chains. Kissel has grown KDM into a full-service POP provider with 250 employees operating three shifts.
* Craig Miller, president/CEO, Pictographics, Las Vegas, NV (www.pictographics.net). Founded in 1994 as a provider of four-color posters and backlit prints for the local hotel/casino market out of a spare bedroom from Miller's suburban Las Vegas home, the company now operates from a 20,000-sq-ft building and excels in digitally dyed textiles, wall coverings, and custom applications.
* Greg Root, president, SuperGraphics division of GM Nameplate, Seattle, WA (www.supergraphics.com). SuperGraphics lays claim to having designed the world's first computer-generated bus wrap in 1993, and has since expanded into every area of large-format graphics with manufacturing plants in the US and Canada. In addition, the company currently holds two world's records for graphic achievements.
* Scott Segen, CEO, Burton Imaging Group, Philadelphia, PA (www.burtonimaging.com). With additional operations in New York City and Ft. Lauderdale, Burton is a major producer of full-wrap bus and transit graphics, billboards, wallscapes, bus shelters, taxi tops, kiosks, airport graphics, banners, and merchandising displays. Clients include major corporations and virtually all of the top 10 ad agencies with a marketing reach throughout the US and Europe.
* Jared Smith, president, bluemedia, Tempe, AZ (www.bluemedia.com). Founded by Smith in 2000, bluemedia is a leading provider of design and printing services for vehicle, large-format, and environmental-graphic applications for b-to-b and b-to-c clientele. The company features innovative, customized solutions, cutting-edge technology, and a nontraditional approach to ideas and design expertise.
* Mark Taylor, vice president/imaging, GFX International, Grayslake, IL (www.gfxi.com). GFX offers a full range of digital, screen, and litho printing as well as project-management services, creative work, finishing, and fulfillment. Taylor has more than 15 years of operations experience in retail and POP signage production with GFX, where his current responsibilities include production planning, print production, fulfillment and logistics operations.
* Jonathan Zinsmeyer, president, The BIG Print, Seattle, WA (www.thebigprint.com). Zinsmeyer entered the market in 1999 with a flagship facility in northern California then grew to several manufacturing facilities on the West Coast that have now been consolidated in Seattle. The BIG Print provides a host of in-store and out-of-home media services and takes pride in being an early technology adapter in areas such as flatbed printing and environmentally responsible ink usage.
Located in Cincinnati, Ohio, ST Media Group International, Inc. serves the visual communications industry with its five trade publications, branded websites, custom book division and industry events. The Big Picture magazine (www.bigpicture.net) is published monthly by ST Media Group International and covers the digital imaging industry for more than 32,000 subscribers. ST Media Group International and The Big Picture magazine may be reached at 513.421.2050 or through the corporate website at www.stmediagroup.com and www.bigpicture.net.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.