Large Format, Small Format, Separations Printing, and Textile editions.
Wasatch has announced Version 6.0 of its Wasatch SoftRIP family of products, which comprises Large Format, Small Format, Separations Printing, and Textile editions.
The new editions include Direct-to-Layout, Job-Based, and Server-Based processing to align with individual company workflows. Direct-to-Layout is for users who like to view all of the images in a production run at the same time so they can better plan their print run. Job-Based processing is for individuals that choose to open one image at a time and prepare to RIP and print individually. Server-Based processing is for users who manage the RIP from the Master Queues Manager, receiving files to RIP from separate networked stations.
Wasatch SoftRIP 6.0 additionally features a new Digital Tool Kit that includes settings called "Tool Tabs," which allow users to quickly ready images for printing. These tabs can be used for:
* Resizing, cropping, mirroring, and rotating;
* Tiling oversized jobs;
* Color-checking images for colors that cannot be reached with the current printer setup;
* Identifying which parts of your image are raster or vector, CMYK or RGB;
* Seeing a quick snapshot of RIP and Print Queue status;
* Telling the RIP to send Print Queue files directly to the printer or hold them for layout;
* Printing corner crop marks, full-length crop marks, and registration marks; and
* Annotating prints with date, file name, and printer details.
WASATCH COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY