Five competitions for print providers, vendors, industry professionals, and students.
The upcoming SGIA Expo—held in New Orleans, October 7-9—will include five awards competitions. Print providers, manufacturers/suppliers, and others allied to the field are encouraged to submit their best work/product or nominate their colleagues for these awards that showcase innovative imaging and technologies.
“SGIA award competitions honor technological advancements and innovative ideas that are moving the specialty-imaging industry forward,” says Michael Robertson, SGIA president and CEO.
This year’s SGIA competitions include:
• Golden Image (including André Schellengerg): Every entrant is considered for the “Best in Show” (digital and screen printing categories) and “Best in Creativity” (digital printing). Deadline is September 25.
• Product of the Year: Suppliers can submit leading equipment and supplies that have impacted wide-format digital imaging. Deadline is September 25.
• Howard Parmele Award: SGIA’s highest honor recognizes ongoing commitments of a professional who has advanced specialty imaging’s products, services, or overall image. Deadline is July 15.
• Innovator Award: Industry professionals who have made a strong, lasting impact on the industry. They must work or have worked at a printing/imaging company or a company that supplies materials, equipment or technical information. Deadline is September 1.
• ASPT Student Awards Competition: Students in secondary or post-secondary schools holding SGIA membership can enter a variety of screen and digital imaging categories. Deadline is July 17.
All award entries are showcased and evaluated during the 2009 SGIA Expo in the Golden Image Gallery.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.