Five-round event in Orlando will feature 128 competitors.
The American Wrap Star 2010 vehicle-wrap competition will take place April 8-10 at the ISA Expo in Orlando.
Presented and organized by Digital Designware and ISA, and sponsored by ST Media Group International (parent company of The Big Picture) as well as 3M, HP, and others, the event will feature 128 competitors and eight Chevrolet Aveo sedans. Over the course of three days, the contestants will match their wrap skills against each other in timed competitions that will factor in quality as well as speed.
The competition will be divided into five separate rounds:
• Round 1 (Thursday): Eight first-round matches with 16 competitors; wrap a door and a front fender within 40 minutes; eight of each match will reach the next round (128 down to 64).
• Round 2 (Friday morning): Four second-round matches with 16 competitors; wrap a door and a back fender within 50 minutes; eight of each match will reach the next round (64 down to 32).
• Round 3 (Friday afternoon): Two third-round-matches with 16 competitors; wrap a door and a back fender within 60 minutes; eight of each match will reach the next round (32 down to 16).
• Semi Final (Saturday morning): Two semi-finals, each with eight competitors; wrap one side of the vehicle within 75 minutes; four of each match will reach the final (16 down to 8).
• Final (Saturday afternoon): Final round with eight competitors; wrap one side and back of the vehicle within 90 minutes. Ceremonies at end of event.
Judges will include Rob Ivers (Rob Ivers Inc., robivers.com), Robby Burnett (Wrap Experts, wrapexperts.com), and Maikel Ley (Sew Akademie, sew-gmbh.de).
Prize packages for all finalists will have products and services with a value of more than $8000, the competition reports. Prizes will also be awarded throughout the other rounds.
AMERICAN WRAP STAR