End users invited to test new product.
Pantone reports that it is inviting end users to participate in a public beta test of its Color Manager software. Once the beta test is complete, testers will automatically receive the final version of the software.
Color Manager is a desktop application for the Macintosh operating system designed to provide the assurance and confidence to use the latest Pantone colors accurately.
Key features of Color Manager include:
• Automatically updates all Pantone Color Libraries.
• Uses Pantone Plus Color Bridge values.
• Will build ICC profile-based device-specific CMYK recipes for any Pantone Graphics library (Pantone Fashion + Home libraries will be added in future releases).
• Simulates and helps users visualize spot vs. 4-color process, including display and print gamut warnings to make it easy to identify any colors that cannot be properly printed on a target output device or properly displayed on a monitor.
• Synchronizes spot color values to design applications.
• Enables synchronization of device-specific values to myPantone iPhone application and the myPantone X-Ref iPhone application (including standard Pantone Color Bridge CMYK values).
Price: $49.95; free to registered myPantone members. A version supporting Windows will be made available in the future.