See what the image conference is all about.
Looking to track down the latest trends in stock imagery? Or simply hobknob with some of the top companies providing stock art?
You might want to check out the 15th Annual International Conference of PACA (the Picture Archive Council of America), which will take place in New York City in mid-October. The weekend event will offer informative sessions, international networking opportunities, and solutions to the issues that affect stock-photography industry.
The event carries the theme, “Future Focus: Today's Tools for Tomorrow's Business,” and some of the highlights will include:
• PacaSearch Update: Recently introduced, PACA’s own mega meta-search site—pacasearch.com—features more than 70 million images from 70 participating member agencies.
• Expert Panels: Inspirational speakers and industry gurus with critical information.
• Trends: How will the market change and which technological advances will most significantly impact the image industry in the coming years?
• Safeguarding Your Assets: Information on vital legal decisions and recent news from the US Copyright Office; everything from registering images, to effective ways to trace and chase infringers.
• Marketing: How prospects find image creators; search engine optimization (SEO) and social networking.
• Networking : Meet industry leaders and potential partners to discuss new business opportunities for collaboration.
Registration fee is $1075 at the door ($950 for members), but $975 when registered in advance ($850 for members). Visit the PACA website (pacaoffice.org) for more information.