SGIA Expo in Vegas sets association record, honors top products, more.
The Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) reports that the recent SGIA Expo in Las Vegas set a new association record for total registrants: 21,956 over its three-day run October 13-15.
The top five states represented at this year’s event were mostly west of the Mississippi, but not all: California (28 percent), Nevada (8 percent), Texas (5 percent), Illinois (4 percent), and Arizona (4 percent). And, nearly 18 percent of all attendees were internationally based.
The show had nearly 500 exhibitors taking up more than 184,000 square feet of exhibit space at the Las Vegas Convention Center, up 30,000 square feet from last year, the association reports.
"The annual SGIA Expo brings together all of the diverse sectors of the specialty imaging community," says Michael Robertson, SGIA's president and CEO. "This year's extraordinary amount of attendees, exhibitors, buyers, and sellers at the show prove that the Expo is the community's premier marketplace."
Honoring ‘Product of the Year’ winners
The association announced its 2010 Product of the Year awards, which recognizes digital equipment and supplies in the specialty imaging marketplace.
Entrants of the competition had to be SGIA member exhibitors, and products had to be currently available in the 2010 market. Each entry was judged based on its perceived value to the digital imaging community by a team of digital imaging professionals during the Expo in the Golden Image Gallery area of the show. Winners included (by product category; product followed by manufacturer/supplier):
• Digital Inks: LF200 UV Flexible Inks for Backlit/Display, Mimaki USA (mimakiusa.com)
• Media, Paper: TerraSkin XP, Xcel Products (xcelproducts.com)
• Media, Vinyl: Glow Mesh, Ultraflex Systems (ultraflexx.com)
• Media, Films: HydroSol Satin Textured LightBlock 230STL, Continental Grafix (continentalgrafix.com)
• Media, Textile:100% Post Consumer/Industrial Materials, Vapor Apparel/SourceSubstrates (sourcesubstrates.com)
• Media, Rigid: Eco-Finish Rigid Print Media, Panel Processing Inc. (panel.com)
• Media, Non-PVC (nonwoven): Terralon, Dreamscape (dreamscapewalls.com)
• Business or Other Workflow Software: Costview 2.0 (optimized for ipad), Caldera Graphics (caldera.com)
• Finishing - Laminates, Adhesives, Films, Coatings: Print Shield Anti-Graffiti Laminating Film, Neschen Americas (neschenamericas.com)
• Finishing - Equipment: Fotoba Dreamcut XLD-170D, Fotoba International (fotoba.com; exclusive US distributor is Colex, colex.com)