Award winners include inks, media, finishing equipment and supplies, and output devices.
The Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) announced the winners of its Product of the Year Award competition during the recent SGIA Expo in Las Vegas. The annual competition recognizes the latest specialty imaging equipment and supplies currently on the market that advance the industry.
“SGIA's Product of the Year Awards showcase digital imaging products that keep the specialty imaging industry moving forward," says Jeff Burton, SGIA's digital printing analyst. "Winners have benefited from worldwide recognition and the ability to market their product as a winner of this valued competition.”
The Product of the Year Awards were presented in four categories: Inks; Media for Digital Inkjet; Finishing; and Output Device. Only SGIA-member Expo exhibitors were allowed to enter the competition and products had to be currently available to the marketplace for 2012. Each product was judged based on its perceived value to the specialty imaging community by a group of experts chosen by the association.
The 2012 Product of the Year winners, by category, included:
• Digital Inks: Hewlett-Packard Company Latex Inks
• Media Vinyl: Dreamscape Silver Flash
• Media Films: Continental Grafix HydroSol 205STLR
• Media Textile: Pacific Coast Fabrics Deko-Green 7058RCFLBS
• Media Rigid: Horizons Imaging Systems Group AlumaJet
• Media Non PVC (Non-woven): FlexCon CounterDeco Advertising System non-vinyl, FDA Indirect Food Compliant
• Media Vinyl (Pressure Sensitive): Continental Grafix panoRama 1520
• Finishing Display Exhibit Hardware: Visual Magnetics VM-InvisiLock-30HP
• Finishing-Laminates, Adhesives, Films, Coatings: FlexCon FlexMark floor art OV6604 (Safari Overlaminate)
• Finishing Equipment: MCT MasterCut Digital Finishing System
• Poster Size - Solvent/Latex Printers less than 96 inches: Mutoh America: ValueJet 1638
• Flatbed Rigid Substrate UV less than $200K MSRP: Oce Arizona Graphics Systems Arizona 480 GT
• Flatbed Rigid Substrate UV more than $200K MSRP: Durst Image Technology US LLC Durst Rho P10 250
• Flatbed Rigid White Ink UV less than $200K MSRP: Hewlett Packard Company Scitex FB500
• Grand Format R-to-R Solvent & Latex Inks: Mutoh America Inc ValueJet 2638
All of the entries were showcased and evaluated during the 2012 SGIA Expo in the event’s Golden Image Gallery.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.