New subsidiary integrates Canon Business Solutions and select Océ companies.
Canon USA has announced the launch of Canon Solutions America, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon USA, effective January 1, 2013. The new subsidiary integrates the business operations of Canon Business Solutions, Inc., Océ North America, Inc., and Océ Imagistics, Inc., and will provide sales and support for Canon and Océ hardware, software and services targeting general office, production print, and large-format markets in the United States.
Joe Adachi, president and CEO of Canon USA, will serve as chairman and CEO of Canon Solutions America. Toyotsugu (Toyo) Kuwamura has been appointed president of the new organization. The headquarters for Canon Solutions America will be located on Long Island, New York, with offices located throughout the US, including existing Océ wide-format printing systems and production printing systems locations in Chicago and Boca Raton, Florida.
“I am very pleased that the integration of the Canon and Océ businesses is nearly complete,” says Adachi. “We have worked very hard these past three years to make sure our goal of creating the overall leading presence in the imaging industry will be realized. Canon Solutions America and the other companies formed by the integration will be better positioned to meet the growing demands of customers locally, regionally and nationally by capitalizing on the strengths of each company and maintaining the superior service levels that customers require.”
Canon Solutions America will comprise three business units: Enterprise Services and Solutions (ESS), Large Format Solutions (LFS), and Production Printing Solutions (PPS). These business units will work across four functional areas: Service, Professional Services, Zone Operations, and Corporate Administration, Canon reports.
In addition to Adachi and Kuwamura, the full leadership team of these business units and functional areas include:
• Seymour Liebman, vice chairman, Canon Solutions America (retains his positions as executive vice president, chief administrative officer, and general counsel of Canon USA, and executive officer of Canon Inc., Japan);
• Jim Sharp, executive vice president, Professional Services;
• Mal Baboyian, executive vice president, PPS and LFS business units;
• Arthur McGinn, senior vice president, Service;
• Charles Bruschi, senior vice president, Finance, Accounting and Budget;
• Peter Kowalczuk, senior vice president, ESS Zone Sales; and
• John Reilly, senior vice president, ESS Business Services Division/Business Products Centers Sales.
As part of the company’s integration efforts, Canon USA also announced that:
• Océ Business Services, Inc., the provider of digital document-management technology, outsourcing and business process consulting services, will change its name to Canon Business Process Services, Inc., effective January 2013. Headquartered in New York, it will be headed by Joe Marciano, currently the president and CEO of Océ Business Services.
• Océ Financial Services, Inc. will merge into Canon Financial Services, Inc. as of January 2013. Kris Tedo, senior vice president and chief financial officer of Canon USA, will also serve as president of Canon Financial Services.
• Also effective January 2013: Océ Canada will become a subsidiary of Canon Canada, Océ Mexico will become a subsidiary of Canon Mexicana, and Océ Brazil will become a subsidiary of Canon do Brasil.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.