Competition deadline is June 30; winners will share more than $100,000 in prizes.
Corel has announced its 2013 CorelDraw International Design Contest. The competition allows designers and other users around the world to submit work they created using CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint X6 in six categories. Deadline is June 30, 2013.
“The CorelDraw International Design Contest offers the chance for our users to show their talent and design style to the world,” says Gérard Métrailler, senior director, product management, graphics at Corel. “Our users constantly inspire us, and this is our opportunity to highlight their work so they can inspire others as well.”
Participants can submit entries into any of the following categories:
* Advertising/Specialty Graphics: Examples of flyers, brochures, logos, signs, banners, awards, engraving, and other designs related to advertising, marketing or point of purchase (P-O-P).
* Vehicle Wraps: Designs for car, truck, boat, or other vehicle wraps.
* Textile/Fashion Design: Designs for fashion, embroidery, and direct-to-garment printing.
* General Illustration & Fine Art: Artistic, creative, and unique designs.
* Student: Designs submitted by students who are formally enrolled in an educational institution.
* Bonus Category: Speed Drawing Video: Time-lapse videos showing creation of a design in CorelDraw or Photo-Paint X6 (max 10 minutes). Designs submitted in another category can also be submitted in this category.
Judging will take place throughout July 2013 and Corel will announce winners at the end of August. Three winners, including one grand-prize winner, will be chosen for each category.
The grand-prize winner will receive a Roland VersaStudio BN-20 desktop printer/cutter, free Wilcom Embroidery Studio Designing, and $10,000 in cash. Other prizes include products from Wilcom, SkyFonts, Wacom, and Corel.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.