The Next Generation of Wrap Film is Here – Introducing 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Film and 3M™ Envision™ Gloss Wrap Overlaminate.jpg
The Next Generation of Wrap Film is Here – Introducing 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Film and 3M™ Envision™ Gloss Wrap Overlaminate
3M Commercial Graphics
ST. PAUL, MN
ST. PAUL, Minn. – (October 16, 2012) – 3M Commercial Graphics is changing the graphics world – again – with 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films, part of a new line of products that offer leading edge technology and best-in-class performance with a sustainability edge. As the world’s first high-performance, non-polyvinyl chloride (non-PVC) graphic films, 3M™ Envision™ Print Wrap Film 480Cv3 and 3M™ Envision™ Gloss Wrap Overlaminate 8548G outperform not just non-PVC wrap films, but all wrap films.
For applications that demand outstanding performance, 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films provide groundbreaking solutions:
• High application versatility: 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films can be used to wrap vehicles, trailers, box trucks, boats, buses, motorcycles, textured walls and more.
• Highly conformable: Films go down, around and into flat or complex shapes and stay down. The innovative 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films stretch up to 150 percent when you want them to and will not lift.
• Installs in extreme temperatures: When it’s warm, 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films won’t get too soft or stretch out of control. In cooler weather, the film maintains a soft feel and won’t become brittle and tear. Apply some heat, and the film conforms on demand.
• Faster removal: Because of their greater tensile strength, 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films resist tearing. This enables faster, cleaner removal in bigger pieces.
• Exceptional clarity: 3M™ Envision™ Gloss Wrap Overlaminate 8548G offers the same beautiful gloss and clarity as 3M™ Scotchcal™ Gloss Overlaminate 8518. What’s more, it is less prone to scratching than gloss cast vinyl. It looks great from the get-go and doesn’t need to sit in the sun for days to diminish the scratches.
• Very durable: 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films offer protection against UV rays, high temperatures and even acid dew. They even come with a horizontal warranty.
• Slideability, snap-up (repositionability) and air release properties: The characteristics that have made 3M films an industry favorite are also found in 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films.
• Excellent printability: Envision wrap films are compatible with latex, UV and some solvent inkjet inks. They are also compatible with UV and solvent screen printing inks. See 3M’s Product Bulletin for details on printer and ink recommendations.
The industry is already raving about the film’s performance and ease of use:
“I liked the performance of this material over 3M™ Controltac™ Wrap Film with Comply™ v3 Adhesive IJ380Cv3,” said Eldon Young of Image Graphics Premier Applicators in Waconia, Minn. “It performs well even in the sun, which is something that all installers are obviously going to like. A lot of times you have to fight film to line it up, because it stretches differently every time you pull the liner paper off in the sun. This film stays even.”
“Many of our installations are done at a customer’s facility, so this new film will help make on-site installations easier,” said Todd Stuart of Sign Zoo in Sarasota, Fla. “Some films get soft and curl in 80 and 90°F temperatures, but 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films give our installers the ability to use them confidently in the heat.”
“This film [3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films] is exactly what I expected from a 3M product,” said Samuel Twomey of The Mad Striper in Murfreesboro, Tenn. “It’s very positionable and we’ve had no problem getting it to conform to the compound curves and extremely tight spots on vehicles.”
In addition to their high performance, 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films are also more sustainable, allowing graphic manufacturers to offer greener options. Features include:
• No added chlorine or other halogens during manufacturing
• Phthalate-free: 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films do not contain phthalates.
• Contributes to LEED® Credits: Using 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films helps contribute to LEED® credits when used to make graphic films that can be used for refurbishment applications.
• Uses less solvent: The manufacturing process of 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films uses 60 percent less solvent.
• Made in part with bio-based materials.
“We are continually looking for ways to offer a more sustainable solution, and the new 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films are an outstanding testament to that,” said Tim Boxeth, marketing manager for 3M Commercial Graphics. “We are especially proud that the performance of these more sustainable films surpasses that of traditional films. Users should know that they will not sacrifice quality by making the greener choice.”
3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films are backed by the same 3M™ MCS™ Warranty and Performance Guarantee that users trust.
Graphics installers who are ready to explore the use of films that offer high performance and a sustainability edge should visit 3Mgraphics.com/EnvisionWrap or call 1-800-328-3908 to learn more about 3M™ Envision™ Wrap Films. For additional information on 3M’s sustainability efforts and the benefits of these films, please visit www.3Mgraphics.com/Sustainability.
3M Commercial Graphics is proud to be a Platinum Sponsor of the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP).
3M, Comply, Controltac, Envision, MCS and Scotchcal are trademarks of 3M Company. LEED is a registered trademark of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
About 3M Commercial Graphics
3M Commercial Graphics help customers worldwide build brands by providing total large-format graphics and light management solutions. 3M manufactures or certifies lighting solutions‚ graphic films and graphic protection‚ flexible substrates‚ as well as inks and toners used to create large-format finished graphics that are consistent‚ reliable and durable. Learn more about 3M graphics products and programs by calling 1-800-328-3908‚ visiting www.3Mgraphics.com‚ following us @3MGraphics on Twitter or at facebook.com/3Mgraphics.
About the Envision brand from 3M
By inventing tomorrow, today; the Envision brand from 3M is creating success in the dynamic environments of visual communications. All Envision products from 3M are designed to contribute to a winning-business strategy for our customers – one that consists of leading-edge technology, best-in-class performance and has a distinct sustainability edge. By using 3M technologies to unlock opportunities, the Envision brand from 3M is another example of how we use innovation as a powerful force for progress.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 84,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M Commercial Graphics
3M Center Building 220-12E-04
St. Paul, MN 55144 USA
Karwoski & Courage
3M Public Relations & Corporate Communications