Sustainable Green Printing Partnership Announces Jodi Sawyer as Chair
The Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP), the leading authority in sustainable printing certifications for print manufacturers, has elected a new slate of officers for 2018, led by Jodi Sawyer of FLEXcon.
"I look forward to leading SGP at this very dynamic and exciting time in our development," said Jodi Sawyer, chair, SGP. "Sustainability is becoming a critical part of the printing industry`s future and SGP certification is reaching greater levels of respect and attention. With the tenth anniversary of SGP coming up in 2018, this will be a key year for SGP to educate and inform the industry and its customer on the advantages of sustainable print."
The 2018 SGP executive committee:
• Chair: Jodi Sawyer, FLEXcon
• Chair, SGP Foundation: Jonathan Graham, TE Connectivity
• Chair Elect: Paul Glynn, Designtex
• Treasurer: Doreen Monteleone, D2 Advisory Group/Flexographic Technical Association (FTA)
• Secretary and Chair, Technical Committee: Marcia Y. Kinter, Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA)
• Chair, SGP Brand Leaders: Libra Balian, ANN INC.
For 2018, SGP anticipates having more than 100 certified sustainable printers and continuing the Partnership's drive toward a fully sustainable future for the print industry. In addition to certifying printers, who comply with rigorous environmental best practices, the organization conducts conferences, seminars, academic studies, and sharing sessions to help print manufacturers and print buyers create sustainable supply chains. While each print facility is unique, certification helps each printer achieve a positive environmental impact.
In addition to the executive committee, SGP's 2018 Board of Directors include:
• George Fuchs, National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers (NAPIM)
• George Glisan, Appalachian State University
• John Heaney, The Advertisers Printing Co., Inc.
• Gary Jones, Printing Industries of America (PIA)
• Lou Liotta, Structural Graphics
• Nicole Papadakis, North American Plastics
• Francis Poirier, Jr., Specialty Printer LLC
• Joe Stapley, Noble Environmental Technologies (ECOR)
• Maureen Tholen, 3M
• Brett Thompson, Piedmont Plastics
Print facilities interested in eliminating waste, reducing energy consumption, transitioning to sustainable materials, and winning new business from organizations that require sustainable printing practices from their suppliers should visit www.sgppartnership.org/certification/ to learn more about becoming SGP certified in 2018.