Printscape's unique job? Rebrand an arena with the shop's own logo.
Printscape Imaging and Graphics in Pittsburgh typically outputs graphics and signage for other brands, but one huge project required massive prints of the shop’s own logo. Printscape obtained naming rights to a local ice and sports arena and used a plethora of their wide-format printers to create exterior and interior signage that would rebrand the entire facility with its new name, Printscape Arena at Southpointe.
“Everything existing had to be taken down and [the new graphics had to be] put up in its place with our new branding,” says Darin Smith, Printscape general manager. “We had a small window of opportunity to have everything installed and ready to go for the press event November 2. We wanted the name change to be a bit of a surprise, so the challenge was getting everything installed at the last minute.” The installation took two weeks and included 3500 square feet of printed signage.
- HP Latex 560/570 printers
- Two Screen Truepress Jet2500UV printers
- Océ Arizona 350 GT/460 GT flatbed printers
- MultiCam Digital Express CNC digital cutter
- MultiCam 3000 Series CNC router
- Seal 65 Pro MD and 600 laminators
- Mactac Imagin wallNoodle removable adhesive vinyl
- 3M Scotchcal 8519 Lustre Overlaminate
- Orafol Oracal 651 vinyl
- Brushed aluminum and white Dibond
- 3/16- and 1/2-inch Ultraboard, CNC cut with laser-cut mounting template
- 3-mil Sintra PVC foamboard
- Ultraflex SuperSmooth Blockout vinyl banner material
- Lintec clear vinyl