SGIA Accepting Entries for Product of the Year Competition
Entries accepted through September 24, winners announced at SGIA Expo 2010.
From now through September 24, 2010, manufacturers of digital equipment and supplies can submit entries for SGIA’s Product of the Year competition.
Competition entrants must be SGIA members and products must be currently available in the market as of 2010. Each entry will be judged based on its perceived value to the digital imaging community by a select group of industry experts. Awards will be honored within five major categories:
• Media for Digital Inkjet -- six sub-categories include paper based, vinyl (banner, mesh, non-woven, textured, etc.), vinyl (fleet and pressure sensitive), film, textile, and rigid;
• Inks (can be OEM or third-party);
• Business or other Workflow Software -- cost accounting, MIS, estimating, workflow, lenticular, etc;
• Finishing -- three sub-categories include display/exhibit hardware, laminates/adhesives/films, and equipment (including routers, laminators, cutters, saws, seaming equipment, etc.); and
• Output Devices – Poster Size (30 x 40 in.) including water-based, solvent/latex, and UV-curable; Rigid Substrate UV less than $200,000 MSRP; Rigid Substrate UV more than $200,000 MSRP; Grand Format Roll to Roll Solvent/Latex; Grand Format Roll to Roll UV; and Direct Inkjet Garment. Entrants in this category will be required to print and submit a test image.
“The Product of the Year competition recognizes the top equipment and supplies currently on the market that are advancing the specialty imaging industry,” says Michael Robertson, SGIA’s president and CEO. “Winners represent the best consumables and output devices that offer faster, higher-quality output for the wide-format digital market.”
Entry fee: $75 per entry.
Entries will be showcased at the 2010 SGIA Expo being held in Las Vegas, October 13 to 15, with winners being announced the evening of October 14 at SGIA’s Thursday Night Dinner Party.